Friday, January 20, 2012
My goodness, whoever said being a stay at home mum was easy should be shot...or better yet made to be a stay at home mum for a week! I read a wonderful article recently that made me feel better about myself. Don't Carpe Diem. I haven't enough time to bathe myself most days, never mind update a blog! I have found a moment today and I realize it's almost been a year since my last post...YIKES! Anyway enough about that, let me update you on my wonderful miracle family!
- Hudson turns three in just 3 short months, it's hard to believe when I look back at pictures that almost 3 years have gone by since our wonderful little man came into this world and made us a family. Hudson loves swimming and to play outside, swings and slides are at the very top of the list most definitely. He is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine & Toy Story but then aren't most little boys? Every day I am astounded by how grown up he is getting and at how his vocabulary and sentence structure seem to grow over night; Dustin says that Hudson has a word quota he needs to hit every day which is why he talks from the moment he gets up until the moment he falls asleep. Speaking of sleep we are blessed that the little man plays hard enough all day that he needs an afternoon nap; I must admit I will be sad when he outgrows them as quiet time around here is sparse.
- Charlie is almost one, she is showing us more of her personality every day; she has a glint in her eye that makes me think she's going to cause us a lot of grief. She's trying so hard to crawl but just can't seem to figure out how to go forward, but is a pro at moving backwards. She only has two teeth but that doesn't stop her from enjoying pretty much ANY food we put in front of her. She loves the bath and adores her big brother; he can do no wrong in her eyes. While we were definitely surprised that Charlie was going to be joining our family, I can't begin to imagine it without her. She has rounded us out into a wonderfully blessed family of four. I love that Hudson will always have someone to grow up with, love unconditionally, play with...and torture.
- I am beginning to wonder how we talk to Hudson about adoption. Is he too young? What do we say? Will it be hard that Uncle Mat is his biological dad? Will he wonder why he didn't grow in my tummy like Charlie did? Will he look at Stacy differently when he understands that she's his Tummy Mummy? So much to think about and take in, so important that he knows how loved he is by so many.
- We've had a great but busy year, we've had our house on the market for 8 months and so far no luck. We've moved out and staged it and we're ready for someone to make us an offer. Hopefully 2012 will bring us some luck! Hudson had a great time this Christmas, he pretty much lost his mind on Christmas morning when he found that Santa had left him a Thomas the Tank Engine track and a stocking full of trains. Trying to explain to a two year old why mummy doesn't want to watch the Grinch or listen to Jack Johnson sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the end of January is like telling him Elmo isn't real. He just doesn't want to hear it. Dustin got a job on a new rig out in the oilfield which means he's gone more, but through the wonderful technology that is skype and iPhones, it isn't so hard on Hudson anymore, he gets to talk to daddy lots and two weeks goes by in a flash when you're busy having fun.
- I don't know if our family will grow any larger, will we adopt or be blessed with a pregnancy again?...maybe a puppy or kitty baby will come our way one day? but what I do know is this: Some days are harder than others but every single day my children make me laugh and fill my heart with joy and I get to do it all with my best friend at my side and for that I am blessed.
I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures :)