Friday, June 26, 2009

Two Months Old!

My little monkey is two months old already - I cannot believe how fast the time is passing. The last month has been amazing. We have had nothing but good news as far as Hudson's health is concerned, the doctors all seem amazed at how well he is doing considering how sick he was.
Dustin has gone back to work and even though he's not been gone for more than a couple of days at a time I'm starting to imagine how hard it would be to be a single mum. It doesn't help that right now I'm working three days a week...my house seems to be taking the brunt of it all. This morning I found myself getting dressed and looking at two shirts and deciding which one was less dirty....
We went for Hudson's two month immunizations on Wednesday, I was dreading it from what everyone had been telling me but he was fine. The health nurse was great, very friendly and knowledgeable. She looked at Hudson's herniated belly button and said it looked like it might have some intestine herniated in it as well, so I got all panicky and called the pediatrician (who took me that very day) and he looked at it for a minute, poked it a bit and said "it's fine, they're common, it'll go away by the time he's two". Phew...I'm not a bad mum, it's common...the pediatrician said so even....
Two months down already...he's holding his head up fairly well; he gets a bit wobbly at night when he's tired though. He's looking around all the time which makes it tricky to feed him sometimes. I'm amazed at all the changes, and how fast they happen.
I'm head over heals in love.

2 comments:

Annieann77 said...

WOW - time has gone by fast, feels like just the other day I was there getting introduced!?

Do you take Hudson with you when you work? Or do you have a sitter? It would be nice if you could take him to work with you! I also have a new sympathy for single moms and although I'm not one somedays it feels like it. You just do what ever it takes to get through the day and if that means that dishes what then they do.

One of the babies in Jacobs swim class had a herniated belly button, it was a little weird to look at but her doc also said it would go away by 2. Apparently common in babies that are sick cause they can cough so hard that it gives them one!?

Your doing a great job, he looks so healthy you would never know he was so sick when he was born!

Jaye @ canadian-mom.ca said...

He's so frigging cute. Congratulations!