Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gosh who's the worst mum ever??

It has been tooo long since I last posted. Life with an 18 month old is far to busy to sit at a computer...at least for this mum! So Hudson is 18 months old...I almost can't believe it! So much has happened since the last time I posted, I'm not sure where to begin.

Hudson is chatting up a storm, he's the man who chats often but says little...I'd say he has about 15 - 20 words right now. His very first word was ball and his most recents are Thank you and night night (melts my heart every time).

Health wise, Hudson is still doing great and knock on wood we still don't seem to have any long term reprocussions from him being so sick when he was born. We have his 18 month shots coming up on Wednesday so I'll update his weight and height then and we also have some followup stuff with a nerologist and a rehabilitation center coming up this month, so it will be nice to get re-assurance once again that he's on the right track!

We have some exciting family news as well...Hudson is going to be a big brother! We are expecting a little one and she's 21 weeks in utero right now! We were shocked and amazed to find out we were pregnant, it didn't even dawn on me when I was feeling crappy that I could possibly be pregnant....it was my husband who pointed it out, and it took 3 pregnancy tests and a blood test for me to ACTUALLY believe it. We're that "you get pregnant once you adopt" cliche. I was really nervous to tell our birth mum about the pregnancy because I was worried she'd feel she made the wrong decision in asking us to raise Hudson, but she is thrilled for us and thrilled that Hudson gets to be a big brother. She even sent me card with some pregnancy survival tips on it...which of course made me cry...I blame the hormones :)

Our open adoption status is going amazingly. We took a trip across the country this summer to meet Stacy's (our tummy mummy's) extended family and friends. We stayed at Grandma's house right on the ocean and got to spend lots of time visiting with Hudson's birth family. It was wonderful; for me the very best part was watching Stacy and Hudson's relationship grow over the course of the two weeks we stayed there. Sometimes she seemed awkward around Hudson prior to the trip...not sure where to jump in and help and when not too but over the course of the vacation she got to really figure out her role as his birth mum and built a comfortable relationship with him; it was great to see her doing things like feeding him breakfast & giggling together hiding under pillows on the bed. Back at home Stacy sees Hudson at least once or twice a month, but as a young busy student sometimes it's hard to find the time to get together but we always seem to manage a visit or two each month.

I'm sure there is so much more to tell, and I'm missing large chunks of time but I think I covered the basics and I'll leave you with some pictures :)

Hudson's 1st Birthday




Hudson and his mummy & tummy mummy (who made his cake btw!)









Hudson's Farm Adventures


Hudson's First Haircut


Hudson helping daddy...he's a great helper!



Me and my little guy :)




2 comments:

Serenity Now said...

Been wondering how you are doing over there! So excited for you - what a neat family story you have :)

Shelia said...

Congrats! A girl is so much different than a boy to raise... but still a ton of fun! Good luck and best wishes!