Monday, January 19, 2009

24 Week Update

All About Baby

Your baby is filling out this week. Since he's still on the scrawny side, his skin wrinkles on his body, but he looks like a miniature version of what you'll see on delivery day. His face has formed, ears are in place, and eyes are complete (although his lids are still closed). He has eyelashes, fingernails, and may be growing hair, too. Rapid eye movements (REM) are beginning, too.

How Big Is Baby?

This week your baby weighs around one and one-half pounds and measures almost eight and one-half inches (crown to rump).

How We Feel:

Stacy has been away for the last two weeks, having what I hope is a great visit with her family back in Newfoundland. It's been quiet around our place and I'm looking forward to her coming home. I'm sure she's gotten bigger and I'm hoping to feel baby kick one of these days! I hadn't realized how much I've enjoyed going through the process with her, it's made me feel so much more involved in the pregnancy.

I must admit I'm a bit nervous of Stacy being away, or I guess nervous that she won't come back. I think it's very important for her to see her family and face that side of her life before making her final decision to give up the baby or not. I know that everyone here is supportive of her decision, and I know that of course, her mum and family back home are having a struggle with it. I want her to come back here and be sure of the decision she's making; I want her to have every opportunity to be influenced by both sides of the coin. I must admit that it's hard though, and I've been living with a lump in my throat and that dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach for two weeks now; just hoping that she comes home and that she still wants us to raise the baby I've fallen so desperately in love with.

I think we're pretty much set for clothes and bottles for baby - the essentials, and now we need to start focusing on bigger things like furniture, bedding, strollers, nursery preparation and all of that fun stuff.

I think we're going to go with this bedding set:



And this stroller/car seat set:



The stroller set pictured here also has a matching playpen and high chair which I think I'm also going to order when I place my order for everything else. Babies R Us is having a great sale right now so I think it would be silly not to take advantage of it.

The last big change we're making is the purchase of a new vehicle. For the last five years I've been driving a Toyota Echo hatchback, which is great on gas, and a wonderful little car to drive; it is however, not a family vehicle especially when your family now involves a baby and a 75 lb dog. We have decided to upgrade to a brand new Hyundai Tucson. I think we're going to spoil ourselves and get the fully loaded version with Leather interior and POWER EVERYTHING!

No comments: