Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 22 Update

Interesting Facts!:
Your baby's brain is growing daily. His senses are also starting develop. As he wiggles his fingers, he may touch his face or even suck his thumb. His lungs are becoming more mature, and he even goes through the motions of breathing. He can also swallow, although he won't have his first real meal until delivery day.

How Big Is Baby?

Your baby-to-be reaches about 7.6 inches in height (crown to rump) and weighs in at just over 12 ounces.

How We Feel:

I thought I would start updating bi-weekly but the scary thing is it seems to be going by just as fast as weekly updates did. Our little guy is going to be here before we know it. Stacy has starting feeling baby kick and I've been eagerly awaiting him to kick her hard enough for me to feel it too; though that hasn't happened yet. Sadly for me, Stacy is leaving this week to go home to Newfoundland to visit her family so it will be a few more weeks before I get to feel his little nudges myself.

Stacy has an OB appointment tomorrow and hopefully all will be well with the ultrasound results from a couple weeks ago, though the technician seemed to think everything looked great.

I can't believe we are in our sixth month, by the time Stacy gets back we'll be nearing the third trimester. It's hard to believe that only 4 months ago we were coasting through life pretending not having kids was okay and now with less than four months to go we are preparing to meet our little boy and we'll finally be able to begin the family we'd always dreamed of having.

No comments: