Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 10 Update

Interesting Facts:

Week 10 marks a milestone for your baby-to-be. This first part of fetal development is all about organization. All your baby-to-be's cells have been directed to their places—brain tissue is growing rapidly, muscles are forming, fingers and toes are becoming defined. Your baby-to-be looks less like an embryo (or an alien) and more like the baby in miniature that he is. He's getting bigger, too.

How Big Is Baby?

This week your little one is about one and one-quarter inches long and weighs in at .18 ounce.

How We Feel

10 weeks - We can officially tell the world our wonderful news. I am so excited and happy that everyone finally gets to share in our joy. I sent out an email to share the news with close friends and some family. I don't want to make any assumptions for Stacy and Mat - I don't know how hard it's going to be for them when we tell everyone. Unlike many open adoptions, Mat and Stacy are family so our announcement impacts them in a very real, personal way. I can only assume that they are okay with us being so excited to tell everyone, it was Stacy after all, who told me I could tell after 10 weeks and not wait for the first trimester to end.

Stacy has an ultrasound on October 25th, and has her appointment with the Obstetrician on November 6th and I can't wait to go with her. Clearly she didn't read my last post before inviting me along. I'm going to cry like a little girl with a skinned knee for sure.

No comments: