Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 16 update

Interesting Fact!

By week 16, your baby-to-be's body is doing more to support itself. Her kidneys function and produce urine that then passes through the umbilical cord. Within her stomach, bile is secreted, although she relies on you for all of her nutrients. Her appearance changes as her scalp hair grows and may even have color. Her developing facial muscles make it possible for her to open and close her mouth, maybe even give you a smile or two.

How Big Is Baby?

This week, your little one is around four inches long (crown to rump) and weighs in at nearly three ounces.

How We Feel:

Another week gone, sweet pea is going to be here before we know it. I can't believe our next ultrasound is in 4 weeks, and that Stacy will be half way through the pregnancy by then. So much has changed in the last 11 weeks or so. I never would have imagined we'd be getting prepared for a baby to arrive, nor did I ever expect that Stacy would end up living with us.

It's been really great getting to know Stacy; before coming to live with us I always knew her as my brothers girlfriend but now I see her as a friend. We've had some great times over the last month, and I think we've baked and laughed our way to a life long friendship. I think Dustin is still trying to get used to all the giggling and craft-making that's been going on but it's good practice for things to come because we're all positive sweet pea is a girl.

I think that's it for this week.

No comments: